Thursday, August 14, 2008

Botanical Beach & Beyond


Posting things a little differently today. Since we have so many pictures to share from the last couple of days, I wanted to get away from the long scrolling posts that we've been creating. Instead, I've uploaded a bunch of our recent pictures to Flickr and I've created a little slideshow viewer that you can see below. You should be able to click through and see all of the pictures that are included in the slideshow.

It's been an excellent couple of days since the last post. Since the weather has been cooperating, we've spent a lot of time outdoors. We rented kayaks for a couple of hours and paddled from Brentwood Bay up the Tod Inlet, exploring all the shoreline surrounding Butchart Gardens. We took Trey to the Butterfly Gardens and had the good fortune of having butterflies land on us. We also drove out to Botanical Beach, near Port Renfrew. This beautiful beach, just south of Ucluelet and Tofino, marks the beginning of the 47 kilometer Juan De Fuca Trail. One day, we'd love to do the whole trail with the kids. However, we'll have to wait a few years until they're old enough to carry their own stuff ;-)

Please let me know what you think of this format for viewing pictures by leaving a comment. If you prefer this format, I'll stick with it for the next few posts.

Thanks for reading,
Andy

1 comment:

jd said...

Good pics and I like the way you set them up. But, I wonder if scrolling isn't faster in the end.

Anyway... Wow! All I ever see when I go kayaking is dead fish.

HJ wants to know where R learnt to pose like a fashion model.

 
Locations of visitors to this page